FourtyTwo

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Argwarh?

So yeah, For anyone reading this, which is all of one person, Hi.
I kinda had a breakdown last night and today. I figured out I don't want to be solving equations for the rest of my life, that I would rather get a job where I can do what I want, when I want, but physics is not that. I guess I am worried that if I change my major, people will be dissappointed in me. I mean, my dad puts so much faith in me, Dr. Vogel sees so much in me, it is hard to go up to people like that and say, hey, I don't want to do this anymore, expecially when I havn't even taken any higher level classes! Why can't I just go to some business school and learn how to become a Contractor and build houses? At least then I wouldn't have to do things that require a piece of paper to say i know how to do it. Well, I will rant later when my attention span returns.

Jake Out

2 Comments:

Blogger Alainadragon said...

Change your major then. Yeah, some people will be disappointed in you, but hey, look at it like this. They aren't going to be the ones living your life, you are. So change your major to something you will have more fun doing. That is what matters. Don't do something just because someone else wants you to do it, do what you want.
*adds two cents*
Well thats my thoughts.

April 25, 2007 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger Augie Physics said...

Change your major, if you like - I will be happy for you to do what you enjoy.

Just remember that going to school for something and doing it are not the same thing. Very few of our grads do chapter-end problems for a living!
:-)

May 1, 2007 at 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home